Seven Ways to Save Money Today!
Did you know that there are things you can do RIGHT NOW to trim down expenses? Here are seven ways to save money that you can do today:
1. Watch for coupons. Download apps for daily discounts, and follow your favorite companies on social media for exclusive deals. There are also many free apps that you can download on your phone to find great deals on used items.
2. Shop with a list. Don’t just wander aimlessly into the grocery store or mall. Bring a list of items you need and stick to it. Even better, shop based on what you have coupons for rather than buying full price.
3. Take a walk. Whether gas is expensive or not, it costs money. Walking will not only save money, but it’s a cost-effective way to stay healthy. Just remember to stay hydrated!
4. Visit the library. Borrowing and reading books is a great (and free) way to spend your time. And if you’ve exhausted your local Redbox®, the library also lets you check out DVDs and even video games.
5. Save a bit of energy. Whenever you see a TV, computer or other electronic item on that’s not being used, switch it off (don’t forget about lights). If not in use, switch ‘em off. You can also cut down on unnecessary energy consumption by unplugging appliances that are not in use.
6. Cancel unnecessary subscriptions. Do you really need the once a month delivery of specialty pickles from around the world? You may also have subscriptions to services you rarely or never use, but are still paying for every month. Take a quick look through your purchases and cancel what you don’t really need. There are also apps that can easily find your subscriptions and cancel them for you.
7. Repair rather than replace. You can find tutorials online to teach you how to fix almost anything. Take a stab at fixing something you would normally throw out and buy again. Who knows, you may end up with a side-gig to make some extra cash by repairing things for others!